Woohoo! It’s 4th of July Weekend! Time for fireworks, barbeques, and get-togethers. All to celebrate our ever-important Independence. But wait…what about our Interdependence? Isn’t that just as important? Are these values in conflict with each other or in collusion? Join us this Sunday … read more.
From the Leadership
- From Rev. Telos WhitfieldMay 26, 2022Dear Ones, As a faith community, we send our healing and prayers across our country to the families of Avalde, Texas. We mourn the deaths of nineteen children and two teachers after this tragic shooting. This tragedy weighs on our hearts and we grieve… As with past shootings, it is a cry for action and response. I have been involved with GunSenseVT over the years and commit to re-engaging with needed collective response… let us reach out to each other for support as we grapple ... read more
- Minister’s Message for JuneMay 6, 2022Message from Rev. Telos Whitfield Every year everything I have ever learned in my lifetime leads back to this: the fires and the black river of loss whose other side is salvation, whose meaning none of us will ever know. To live in this world you must be able to do three things: to love what is mortal; to hold it against your bones knowing your own life depends on it; and, when the time comes to let it go, let it go. [“In Black Water Woods” by Mary Oliver from American Primitive, Back Bay ... read more
- President’s Message for JuneMay 6, 2022100th Annual Meeting! Reflections from the President On May 22nd we held our 100th Annual Meeting as a UU Congregation in Brattleboro, VT. The church’s history dates back to the early 1790’s but the joining together of the Unitarian and Universalist Congregations of Brattleboro occurred in 1922. We celebrated this milestone with a robust Annual Meeting and an anniversary cake. We approved our annual budget for FY23, acknowledging that there may be a large increase in our expense for ... read more
- Jul 1, 2022 - 7:00 am
I-91 Welcome Center Coffee Break Fundraiser
Friday July 1 is the date for this year’s ASC Coffee Break at the I-91 Welcome Center, Real and In Person. This is the Friday of the Fourth of July weekend, a very busy date. Please start baking now!!! A great fun summer fund raiser for All Souls (more than $1200). We “offer” our goodies...
- Jul 4, 2022 - 9:30 am
*Crafting on Zoom
We are back to Zooming during our crafting time together. There will be no in-person crafting until the fall. So we can visit on Zoom while we work on our own projects. Contact Kathy Squires If interested. Click here to register or join this meeting.
- Jul 6, 2022 - 4:30 pm
*Capital Needs Committee
Meeting of the Capital Needs Committee. If you have questions contact Ron Niswander Use this link to join the meeting./capital-needs-meeting/
- Jul 6, 2022 - 5:00 pm
*ASC Board Meeting
Click this link to register/join: /ASC-Board/
- Jul 7, 2022 - 4:00 pm
*Parish Council Meeting
You can register for the meeting by clicking on this link.
- Jul 10, 2022 - 3:00 pm
The Compassionate Friends of Brattleboro Zoom Meeting
The Compassionate Friends of Brattleboro currently meets every other Sunday to offer understanding, consolation and support to all parents and families who have endured the death of a child regardless of age and cause of death. If you or anyone you know could benefit from having the company of a group of people who have all endured...
- MESSAGE FROM THOMAS HUDDLESTON OF ECDC REGARDING NADA AND SOHALIADear friends, On behalf of all my ECDC colleagues, I wanted to thank you all for the driving support that you have provided to Nada & Sohaila who both have a lot to celebrate. Nada arrived–brilliant at math and science, but with only a few words in English. But thanks to the support of ...read more
- Hilary Menegaz Weitzner“Our young traditional fiddler Hilary Menegaz Weitzner is graduating from The Putney School in June. Do you remember all those years ago when she came to services as an infant? Sunday School Days? Camp Hogwarts? For years we have been enjoying her music at out services. Her Mother has sent ...read more
- ASC to help sponsor Bill McKibben In Person!
- Returning to Church – UpdatedPlease note that these protocols changed starting in April, changed again on April 18 and will no doubt change again. PLEASE CHECK BACK REGULARLY We have different expectations for services vs small group gatherings. Services We started in-person services again on March 13 with protective protocols ...read more
- Current Art ExhibitWildlife photographs by area resident Dara Carleton, featuring eagles and other birds of prey, are on view at All Souls through June 15. Join us for a reception for the artist on Sun, April 24, at 11.30 a.m. You can preview the exhibit by clicking here....read more