All Souls Church with button
Rev. Telos Whitfield
Rev. Telos sharing a story on Star Island
“Sharing Who We Are”
“Sharing Who We Are” with Rev. Telos Whitfield.
This multigenerational service will be interactive and celebrate who we are and what we each offer with ritual, stories and music, We will hold our Annual Flower Ceremony so bring a flower or flowers to share!
We anticipate … read more.
From the Leadership
- June Message from ASC President of the BoardJune 7, 2023Reflections from the President – My heart is full I am writing the day after our 101st Annual Meeting feeling full of appreciation for the collective energy, enthusiasm and caring of our church members. We have reflected on the past year as we plan for the year ahead. Our exciting plans include a renewed contract with Rev. Telos Whitfield who will continue as our minister. She has accepted the Board’s offer of a 5 year contract! Our shared ministry will grow and deepen and we are ... read more
- June Message from Rev. TelosJune 7, 2023‘A single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows.’ -St. Francis of Assisi Dear Ones, Yes, the sunbeams that you offer through your stories and work, your leadership and presence in our community does drive away the shadows of fear and frustration! Thank you for the light that you share. It is evident through the work that we do, through who we are and are becoming. We came together for our Annual Meeting to remember our year and the many events and activities, services and work we did ... read more
- May Message from ASC President of the BoardApril 26, 2023Reflections from the President A Month of Activism & Compassion Reflecting on this past month I am struck by the array of congregational activities and the responsiveness of All Souls members and friends to community needs. So many stepped forward to coordinate an event, to offer a hand when asked, or to assist in any way possible. The default response when asked was most often, “Yes!” During April, we hosted a well attended and rescheduled concert to support the Community Asylum ... read more
- Jun 9, 2023 - 1:30 pm
*Caring Circle Meeting
click here to register/join
- Jun 10, 2023 - 3:00 pm
This retrospective of Karen’s remarkable watercolors and pastels will be on view through June 30, with an artist’s reception scheduled for Saturday, June 10, 3 – 5 pm. New exhibit on view, click here for a preview. On exhibit are artworks Karen made during the past 40 years.She enjoys painting local scenes, often of Stickney Brook, Sunset Lake,...
- Jun 11, 2023 - 12:00 pm
Walk on the West River Trail
After a light lunch at church, you are invited by the Religious Exploration Team to join the RE families to take an easy walk along the West River Trail. Go as far as you like. A great way to Welcome the coming of Summer.
- Jun 11, 2023 - 3:00 pm
The Compassionate Friends of Brattleboro
The Compassionate Friends of Brattleboro, a local chapter of a national organization created exclusively for bereaved parents and immediate family, currently meets every other Sunday afternoon for two hours. This group offers understanding, consolation and support to all parents and families who are enduring a child’s passing regardless of age and cause of death. If you...
- Jun 12, 2023 - 9:30 am
Planning Meeting for the summer Religious Exploration for our children click this link to join ascvt.org
- Jun 12, 2023 - 3:00 pm
Small Group Ministry
We are now meeting in person on the 2nd and 4th Mondays at 3:00 PM at The Meetinghouse. Contact Marty Shaw for more information.
- New Art Exhibit: Karen BeckerKaren Becker exhibit on view, click here for a preview. The art committee is pleased to share a fascinating exhibit of artwork by local artist Karen Becker in the foyer and chapel. This retrospective of Karen’s work in watercolor, gouache, mono-printing is entitled Bearing Witness and is devoted to ...read more
- Grounds for the Greater GoodThe Board has reviewed the Landscape Design presented to us by Conway graduate student Sara Ozawa. Ron Niswander and Leslie Kinney led a conversation about it after the service on Sunday, April 23. The presentation included some projected slides of the final design report. There was much more in ...read more
- “Vigil to End Homelessness”Join Groundworks Collaborative in Pliny Park at 5pm on Thursday, January 19th as we honor, grieve, and celebrate those experiencing, or who have experienced homelessness in our community. This event is one of many taking place on Vermont’s Homelessness Awareness Day—a day dedicated to ...read more
- Views of the pavingClick here to see more pictures of the driveway construction project. The driveway to All Souls Church is paved! Your gifts will help cover the final cost of paving. Many thanks for your support. And click here to learn how you can help....read more
- Returning to Church – UpdatedPlease note that these protocols have been changing . The most recent changes are in bold-face type and items removed are struck through. PLEASE CHECK BACK REGULARLY We have different expectations for services vs small group gatherings. Services We started in-person services again on March 13 with ...read more