Our Website Administrative and Ownership Policy
Administrative and Ownership Policy for ASCUU Website 12/19/2016
(See also Additional Web Policies)
- The Congregation of ASCUU owns and operates the church website at ascvt,org and pays for its hosting plan, domain registration, and any other ongoing or onetime cost associated with the website.
- Full administrative access to the site includes the Church Administrator, the webmaster, (the chair of the communications committee), and the Minister. This access includes having the user name and password which give the fullest control over the hosting plan, the domain registration, the content management system and other utilities that are critical to the existence and maintenance of the website.
- Content management access. The Church Administrator, webmaster, and Minister should have access to and be willing to update the content of the site in a timely manner. At least three members of the congregation including at least one Board member and the “service cancelation team” should also have access to content management. Procedures should be set up and reviewed to assure that each committee and group responsible for church events and activities knows who to contact to submit content,which will be edited and formatted for inclusion in accordance with the overall policies and procedures.
- Documentation and training materials to help administrators and content managers keep the website up to date shall be available in both electronic form and hard copy, and are the responsibility of the webmaster .
- The Communications Committee and/or the Board shall annually evaluate whether the website is furthering the mission of the congregation, and whether or not those updating the site are adequately supported with training and the availability of the information they need in order to update it.
- Respect for copyright is a policy of the Congregation. The site should include a notice on how the content may be used. The Congregation should respect copyright by posting only text, photos. videos, etc. that they have permission to reproduce.
Adopted Jan. 23, 2017
/s/ Ed Burke, President